Thursday, June 18, 2009

First post: Some generalities

Hey! After so much time of thinking about this, I've decided to create a blog. I'm still learning to use this thing. In the meantime, I can tell you that I want to share the transcriptions for bass I've created and of course, publish every new one as well.

Some of you may already know some things about me. I'm a bass guitar/double bass player who lives in Bucaramanga, Colombia. I love the double bass and I think I accomplished many things on that beautiful instrument thanks to my Polish master, Mr. Janusz Kopytko, who's like my dad to me. But my heart and soul are definitely closer to the bass guitar. It's the instrument I dedicate most of my efforts.

"Martín" is my middle name, not my last name as many people seem to think. "Gómez" is dad's last name and "Acevedo" is mom's maiden name. So, if someone is going to call me "Mr.", it should be "Mr. Gómez" instead of "Mr. Acevedo". Anyway, I prefer to be called simply "Alvaro" or "Alvaro Martín".

Many friends have asked me why I always post YouTube videos in English and why I'm subscribed to English language forums, being Spanish my native language. It's simple: There are lots more people worldwide who speak English. Besides, and in my opinion, learning English isn't a luxury but a necessity in the modern times. That's what have helped me to take the most advantage of the WWW.

That's all by now. Talk to you later!

1 comment:

  1. Alvaro, it's great to see your blog up and running. I am looking forward to following your posts and learning a lot from your lessons and transcriptions.
    All the best,
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete