Thursday, June 18, 2009

Van Halen's "Everybody Wants Some!!"

Another TalkBass request. I was a huge Van Halen fan back in the day (still consider Eddie one of the biggest guitar geniuses ever) and, for some reason I can't recall, I was so disappointed with the band's third release "Women And Children First". So many years later I gave the album another listening and now I still ask myself what made me hate it so much. "Everybody Wants Some!!" is one of the coolest songs there, and here's the bassline:

Everybody Wants Some Bass Line)

1 comment:

  1. Nice work. I'm playing this song and on my Precision I have to tune the G string up a half-step to hit that high E (actually E flat as we are already tuned down a half-step like VH did). I have a bass oriented blog as well at:
    http://johnhancottesbassdesires.blogspot.com/

    John

    ReplyDelete